The cutter bar is the specific implement for cutting grass and forage.
The cutter bar is the specific implement for cutting grass and forage.
It comes in many width values: from 80 to 210 cm. Its cutting units have different features to always get the best result in terms of different kinds of grass to be cut: "Laser®" cutter bars with standard blade-holder, cutter bars with middle cut fingers or cutter bars with double alternate movement, "Duplex" or "Dual Laser Elasto" type.
All the cutter bars are standard supplied with slides for cutting height adjustment.
The transmissions, which support and drive the cutter bars, are "Torx", maintenance-free, oil-bath ones; they are also available with double movement for "Duplex" and "Dual Laser Elasto" cutter bars.
Should it be necessary to improve the balancing of the machine at work, an optional 12 kg weight is available, which can be applied to the transmission in oil bath "Torx".
- "Laser®" cutter bars
Available cutting widths: 80, 100, 115, 135 and 155 cm. These anti-clogging bars are recommended for tough and fine grass typical of mountain sides or manicured lawns. The perfect "scissor cut" is guaranteed by high quality materials.
They are used on all kinds of ground where no swath is required.
BCS has always been synonymous with machinery for mowing grass and the experience gained through the years, constantly and continuously confronting with its clients, has allowed to produce a top quality product appreciated throughout the world.
On this context, anticipating the requirements of the new generation, BCS has produced a range of cutter bars for motor-mowers and two-wheel tractors named “Laser®”, which means perfect and accurate cut.
The features that make the “Laser®” cutter bars even more performing than the current bars are:
1. Rounded edged crossbar to prevent damage in case of shocks,
2. Strip blade cylindrical nailing for tenacious securing to the blade strip and to facilitate replacement thereof in the event of breakage,
3. The tunnel moulded tooth allows new cylindrical nailing, thus improving both cutting and durability, and prevents abrasion of the strip blades securing rivets,
4. Professional skids, to adjust the cutting height in a precise and optimum manner,
5. Blades to eliminate improper movements of the blade when in operation,
6. Full thickness screws in the blade base to optimize securing of the blade base,
7. Moulded and tempered stainless steel blade base to optimise the efficiency,
8. Supports for moulded and tempered blade holders to optimize the efficiency and durability,
9. Blade attachment, improved with reinforced steel bridge, tempered to optimize the efficiency and durability.
Each of these Plus makes “Laser®” bars a highly professional product both under a quality point of view, for the accuracy in the material selection, and under the performing side thanks to the new cut setting.
The blade is much more bound to the crossbar and much more solid is the union between the blade and the attachment, thanks to a new base of new design.
A new setting has been created, even for nailing the blade: cylindrical nailing (instead of the tapered one) has allowed to improve even more the reliability by reducing in a tangible way maintenance costs.
The crossbar was realized with bevelled edges to avoid the use of any side shields. In case of accidental shocks during work, therefore, the blade does not damage anything and neither does it damage itself.
The most significant Plus, however, remains the tunnel moulded tooth that optimises the blade flow set-up. The strip blades nailing is thus safeguarded and the rivets are no longer liable to get scratched because of contact with the tooth. The conformation of the said tooth facilitates discharge of the cutting residuals, while keeping clean the blade in spite of bountiful and tenacious grass.
The professional skids for adjustment of the cutting height (approximately between 20 and 80mm) thanks to their conformation combined with the quality of the materials, make the “Laser” bars efficient and effective on any type of ground.
- Cutter bars with middle cut fingers
Available cutting widths: 115 and 145 cm. This cutter bars have the traditional fingers with upper tab to support the rod to be cut. Suggested for cutting general grass and for haymaking with formation of swath due to two conveyors.
Their use is suitable on land where swath is appropriate.
- "Duplex" cutter bars
Available cutting widths: 120, 150 and 180 cm. These cutter bars have a double alternate movement (the blade and the teeth array move in a counterposed way) equipped with traditional fingers with upper tab (to support the rod to be cut) and self-adjusting blade-holders which assure constant pressure without any manual operation by the operator.
Efficient and effective in every working condition, they never clog and offer a high quality cut even at high speed.
- "Dual Laser Elasto" cutter bars NEW!
Available cutting width: 130, 170 and 210 cm. These cutter bars have a double alternate movement (blade and teeth array moving counter to each other) and are equipped with the "Laser®" tooth and self-adjusting blade-holders which maintain constant force between the blade and the teeth array, without any manual operation by the operator.
The new "Dual Laser Elasto" cutter bars keep all the structural features and the cutting quality of "Laser®" bars, with the advantage of full operating comfort thanks to the very low level of vibrations.
"DUAL LASER ELASTO"
The new super-professional cutter bars.
BCS expands its range of cutter bars for pedestrian motor mowers and walking tractors with the new super-professionals "Dual Laser Elasto".
"Dual Laser Elasto" are cutter bars with double alternate movement (double reciprocating), the blade and the teeth array moving counter to each other, equipped with "Laser® tooth" and self-adjusting blade-holders. They are available with a width of 2,10 mt.
The new cutter bars "Dual Laser Elasto" maintain all the superior structural characteristics and cutting qualities of "Laser®" bars with the advantage of ABSOLUTE OPERATIVE COMFORT that is winding-down even after several hours of use!
The level of vibrations is extremely reduced: the blade and the teeth array moving counter to each other but with different masses and runs.
Moreover, this is able to reduce drastically wears caused by vibrations with consequent saving in spare parts and machine down.
+ PERFECT CUTTING QUALITIES
+ LEVEL OF VIBRATIONS EXTREMELY REDUCED
+ GREAT QUALITY OF THE MATERIALS
+ HIGH WORKING SPEED
+ NO POSSIBILITY OF CLOGGING
The efficiency on every type of land and their durability are guaranteed by all the improvements already introduced on the “Laser®” cutter bars:
1. Cylindrical nailing of the blade for a hard fastening to the blade strip and to ease its replacement in case of damage,
2. Tunnel moulded tooth which allows the new cylindrical nailing to improve the cutting and duration by avoiding the scraping of the blades securing rivets,
3. Blades with heel to remove inappropriate movements while working,
4. Full thickness screws in the blade socket to optimize the fastening of the blade connection to the blade socket,
5. Blade socket moulded in tempered alloy steel to optimize its efficiency,
6. Blade connection with reinforced temper alloy steel bridge to optimize its efficiency and duration,
7. Professional skids which allow to regulate the cutting height in the best and precise way.
The new blades with central hole reduce stresses and improve its cleaning.
The self-adjusting blade-holders maintain constant (for all the 'life' of the bar) force between the blade and the teeth array, without any manual operation by the operator. The new spring-steel blade-holders with "deflectors" provide a further improvement for the discharge of the cut grass.
For the assembly of the "Dual Laser Elasto" cutter bar the Duplex Torx transmission in oil bath is always required.